Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Bear is Here


Here's a close-up of the wonderful painting, "The Bear is Here," by Maine artist Rebekah Raye. As Rebekah explains, "The Bear" is a mixed media painting done with ink applied with a goose feather, as I love the line quality of the goose feather quill. Watercolor is applied then I finish up with pastel so the colors are vibrant. I was inspired by the bear that visited us in the spring last year. I usually like to mix my media, as certain combinations make the painting richer." We love the bear already and know Jack will, too.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jack,

    Nice bear you got there. However, don't you think it would be better to think positive and get a bull. Bear markets are not great. I really like Bull markets. I hope the bear does a good job protecting Jack.

    Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Grandpa,
    There's more upside in a bear market! We love the bear!!
    Love,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. forget the bear, where's the baby? Tyler's starting to ask questions!

    ReplyDelete